As I mentioned, I’m expanding my makeup collection in hopes experimenting with more items. I’ve already picked up some NYX lip and eyeliners I decided to pick up some shadows.
I’ve always wanted to try NYX single eyeshadows so I purchased a few of them in the shades (L-R): lanikai, hot green, frosted ocean, yellow pearl, red head, and luxor.
All of them are frosts, but not all of them were made equal.
- Lanikai is a silvery blue. The color payoff is nice, but it has to be packed on to show the true color. It has been discontinued, but you can purchase it on ebay. Grade | B+
- Hot green is a neon mint green. It’s more on the glitter side and would probably go well over a similar shade of green. This is also a discontinued color that can be purchased on ebay. Grade | B-
- Frosted Ocean is a blackish blue and the color payoff is awesome. It’s perfect for an extreme smokey eye if you don’t want to use black and I think it would look gorgeous with Lanikai. Purchase from nyxcosmetics.com, ulta.com, or cherryculture.com. Grade | A
- Yellow Pearl is a soft golden yellow with a nice color payoff. I think it’s a bit chalky at first, but dust off the excess and pack it on, it makes for a good highlight. This discontinued color can be purchased on ebay. Grade | B+
- Red Head is a corally red with a nice color payoff. It isn’t as smooth as Frosted Ocean or Luxor, but it gets the job done. I think this shade has been discontinued, but can be purchased from cherryculture.com for retail price. Grade | B+
- Luxor is my second favorite next to Frosted Ocean. It goes on very smooth and the color payoff is beautiful. This colour reminds me of my Revlon Berry Haute lipstick which is an exact dupe for MAC’s Up the Amp. Purchase from nyxcosmetics.com, ulta.com, or cherryculture.com. Grade | A
Please see the picture below of me wearing frosted ocean (lid color), and yellow pearl (as a highlight). I know it’s not the best picture, but I just wanted to give you guys an idea.
If you are in the Bahamas, these can be purchased at Eye Candy Makeup Store & Studio for $6, and Girls Will Be Girls for $7.99.
Out of all the eyeshadows I picked up, I would repurchase Frosted Ocean and Luxor. I’m still on the fence with Lanikai.
Peace, love, and happy shopping,